Thank you for inquiring about Employment Opportunities here at the Manchester Yacht Club.
The Manchester Yacht Club, established in 1892, is located on the scenic Manchester harbor. We are looking for staff with solid work related references who are enthusiastic, engaged, and interact well with members and other staff. Current open position(s):
Manchester Yacht Club is looking for a dynamic leader to manage both membership and Club rental events. The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully event management operations. This position is required to work a varying schedule based on the Club’s needs between April and October. This schedule will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Lead a 1–2-person team by attracting, recruiting, and training bar tenders
- Be in compliance with state/federal labor laws and Club policies.
- Monitor the financial performance of the events team for labor, supply purchasing, inventory, and expense control. Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures to ensure proper quantity, quality, and price for all purchases.
- Responsible for keeping up with new technology, techniques and products and incorporating them into our member and club rental events.
- Professional knowledge of food, service, cocktails, beer, and wine.
- Provide an inviting and safe environment by ensuring all routine cleaning and safety processes are appropriate and completed expeditiously.
- Is personable with members while maintaining a respectful professionalism.
- Has exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Must be a team player and service oriented.
- Collaborates with the Club Captain, Club Administrator and Head of Entertainment to assure the events are successful
- Addresses member/guest complaints and works with club staff and or club officers about appropriate corrective actions.
- Being present and interactive with members and staff during special events,
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years private club or hospitality experience may be considered
- Strong collaboration skills: Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse individuals, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Comfortable as a self-starter and able to act independently under general direction
- Exceptional written, verbal and organization skills
- Ability to work with professionalism, discretion, sound judgment, equity, honesty, and personal accountability
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet expectations
- Ability to take on ad-hoc requests
Alex Felton, Commodore