- Does the MYC allow non-members to race in club events?
- Does MYC control moorings in Manchester harbor?
- Does MYC arrange for guest moorings for visitors?
- Is the MYC Clubhouse available for rentals to non-members?
- How does one become a member of MYC?
Yes, not only do we allow non-members race with us, we encourage it. Anything that adds to our racing fleets is welcome.
The only exception is MYC hosts some invitational regattas and membership in the organization we are hosting for is required.
How do you find out about the racing?
No, moorings in Manchester harbor are assigned by the Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea through the Harbormaster’s office.
Yes, MYC is known to be as helpful as possible in finding moorings that may be temporarily available for visiting yachtsmen. If interested it is best to contact the Club Captain in advance of an expected visit. If available, moorings are arranged at no charge however a healthy donation to the club staff’s holiday fund is suggested and greatly appreciated. If you so desire please mail the donation to the Yacht Club PO Box 266 Manchester, Ma. 01944 and note that the donation is for the holiday fund.
No, the clubhouse is only available for rental to members.
The only way to become a member is to be proposed by a member.
How do you get to know a member?
Possible ways are as follows.
- Volunteer in the town sailing program, Manchester Sailing Association. Many members and member’s children are active in MSA.
- Volunteer to crew. If you are interested, contact a Fleet Captain, let them know of your interest and they will try to match you up with a member that needs a crew.
- Come to club events as a guest of a member and get to know other members.