- Does the MYC allow non-members to race in club events?
- Does MYC control moorings in Manchester harbor?
- Does MYC arrange for guest moorings for visitors?
- Is the MYC Clubhouse available for rentals to non-members?
- How does one become a member of MYC?
- Will the Club notify the membership about the death of one of our members?
Yes, not only do we allow non-members race with us, we encourage it. Anything that adds to our racing fleets is welcome.
The only exception is MYC hosts some invitational regattas and membership in the organization we are hosting for is required.
How do you find out about the racing?
No, moorings in Manchester harbor are assigned by the Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea through the Harbormasterís office.
Yes, MYC is known to be as helpful as possible in finding moorings that may be temporarily available for visiting yachtsmen. If interested it is best to contact the Club Captain in advance of an expected visit. If available, moorings are arranged at no charge however a healthy donation to the club staffís holiday fund is suggested and greatly appreciated. If you so desire please mail the donation to the Yacht Club PO Box 266 Manchester, Ma. 01944 and note that the donation is for the holiday fund.
No, the clubhouse is only available for rental to members.
The only way to become a member is to be proposed by a member.
How do you get to know a member?
Possible ways are as follows.
- Volunteer in the town sailing program, Manchester Sailing Association. Many members and memberís children are active in MSA.
- Volunteer to crew. If you are interested, contact a Fleet Captain, let them know of your interest and they will try to match you up with a member that needs a crew.
- Come to club events as a guest of a member and get to know other members.
A. Yes. At the request of the family, the Club will notify the membership via email. If you would like other members to be able to attend the wake or a service, it is important to provide the Club with the information as quickly as possible using the form provided here. Or, you can email the information to Carolynn Pitman, Club Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the top